What's for dinner?
As always we are trying to eat more healthy and lose some weight so we are always on the look out for a tasty new recipe that we can make for the whole family to enjoy.
This week we found a recipe called "Pizza Chicken", sceptical as to how it is healthy being pizza I was intrigued to read further.
The meal is made with simple ingredients and the "pizza" element comes from the flavourings that are added.
Fresh chicken breasts (one per person)
A few slices of chorizo/salami/pepperoni to top the dish
A small chorizo sausage cut into small pieces.
1 tbs of oregano
Pinch of salt
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
A splash of olive oil
Fresh vegetables (we opted for this to keep it healthy, having fresh broccoli and green beans)
What to do:
1. Pre heat the oven at 170C
2. Then heat a large pan with a splash of olive oil, once hot sear the chicken breasts on either side. They don't need to be cooked through as they will be cooked in the oven.
3. Remove the chicken and place in an oven proof dish. Over the top of this sprinkle the chopped chorizo.
4. Next open the tinned tomatoes and pour into a bowl, add the herbs and salt and mix through thoroughly. Pour this over the chicken and chorizo.
5. Add the sliced chorizo to the top and then sprinkle with the mozzarella.
6. Place in the centre of the oven and baked for 45mins.
7. Meanwhile prepare whatever you have chosen to accompany your meal.
8. When ready serve and enjoy!
We really enjoyed this meal, it was filling and can be adapted to suit your own taste. I wondered how healthy it was due to the chorizo and mozzarella but the amount that each person gets of these ingredients is quite small, everything in moderation! Preparation took approximately 15 minutes and then 45 minutes to bake in the oven.
It was great that we were able to enjoy this as a whole family, Mollie tucked in straight away! Emily declared that it smells just like pizza. This will definitely be a regular on the Speed dinner table.
Let us know if you make this and what you thought.