Sunday 5 June 2016

Brocolli and Stilton Soup

I was very excited to receive my first Veggie Box this week from The Gorleston Veg Box Company (see previous blog)and it the delivery I found a recipe for Broccoli and Stilton Soup, as I had a free day I thought I'd give it a try.

So off I went to the supermarket to gather the ingredients, I had some lovely fresh Broccoli in my Veg Box already so there were just a few things to get.

The Ingredients


2tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Leek, sliced (optional)
1 Medium potato, cubed (I also had these in the Veg Box already)
1 Knob of Butter
1Lt Veg Stock
1 Head of Broccoli
150g Stilton or other blue cheese, crumbled

You will also need

A saucepan
Wooden spoon
knife
chopping board
blender (I use our Activ Blend and that works just fine)

How to make 

Ok, so I'm not a natural cook but I can follow a simple recipe and I must say this was surprisingly easy.

Firstly heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook off the onions until softened (if they start to stick you can add a drop of water, I didn't need this.) 


Then add the leek, potato and butter, mix until the butter has melted, then cover with the lid and sweat for 5 minutes. 


Now you need to pour in the stock and add the broccoli. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are soft. (Mine took slightly longer than this.)


Next you need to carefully transfer this to the blender and blitz until smooth.


Once this has been done (it took me several refills as I was using the Activ Blend) pour it all back into the pan or a clean bowl and stir in the crumbled cheese.


The smaller pieces of cheese will melt away, flavouring the soup but you will find some of the larger pieces will remain, these give it a lovely burst of that sharp blue cheese flavour as you enjoy the soup.

Now it's time to serve and enjoy!


The Verdict

I really enjoyed this soup, very flavoursome and so simple to make. The mixture made 4 servings so I have portioned some up and frozen it, so now I have some quick and easy homemade lunches that I can grab on the way to work.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have

Jaimexx












No comments:

Post a Comment